The Stibnite Advisory Council gives communities a seat at the table with Midas Gold and the opportunity to help shape the Stibnite Gold Project. The council meets monthly to discuss the impacts, concerns and opportunities surrounding the project. The Stibnite Advisory Council is comprised of appointed representatives from eight communities near the project site and Midas Gold. Here is a summary of what was discussed during the November 14, 2019 Stibnite Advisory Council meeting:
Lynn Imel – Yellow Pine
Glenna Young – Cascade
Bob Crump – Riggins
Laurel Sayer – Midas Gold Idaho Pat DeHaas – Council Alternate Anne Labelle – Midas Gold Corp Gene Tyler – Donnelly
Joe Iveson – Adams County Denis Duman – Idaho County
Julie Good – New Meadows
Distributed on November 14, 2019 to Advisory Council
- Council members discussed the Advisory Council’s mission as appointed representatives for their communities.
- The Council members received an update on upcoming NEPA comment period timing.
- Council received presentation on Midas’s workforce needs along with a presentation from Andrew Mentzer, West Central Mountains Economic Development Council’s Executive Director, on the population growth in Valley and Adams Counties over the last five years. Kathryn Tacke, Regional Economist – Idaho Department of Labor, also presented information on historic and local job market in each of Valley and Adams Counties. Information for Idaho County is forthcoming.
- The Council requested information on local housing for December meeting.
- Community representatives provided updates on their communities.