The Stibnite Advisory Council gives communities a seat at the table with Midas Gold and the opportunity to help shape the Stibnite Gold Project. The council meets monthly to discuss the impacts, concerns and opportunities surrounding the project. The Stibnite Advisory Council is comprised of appointed representatives from eight communities near the project site and Midas Gold. Here is a summary of what was discussed during the February 13, 2020 Stibnite Advisory Council meeting:
Lynn Imel – Yellow Pine
Glenna Young – Cascade
Anne Labelle – Midas Gold Corp
Gene Tyler – Donnelly
Pat DeHaas – Council Alternate
Denis Duman – Idaho County
Julie Good – New Meadows
Laurel Sayer – Midas Gold Idaho
Joe Iveson – Adams County
Bob Crump – Riggins
Distributed on February 13, 2020 to Advisory Council
- All Signatories have submitted their Appointments for 2020.
- Lynn Imel, Yellow Pine
- Glenna Young, Cascade
- Gene Tyler, Donnelly
- Julie Good, New Meadows
- Pat DeHaas, Council
- Joe Iveson, Adams County
- Bob Crump, Riggins
- Denis Duman, Idaho County
- Anne Labelle, Midas Gold Corp.
- Laurel Sayer, Midas Gold Idaho
- Council appointed the following Board members:
- Julie Good, Chair
- Gene Tyler, Vice-Chair
- Lynn Imel, Secretary
- Meeting schedule will remain the same through April 2020. Council will readdress schedule moving forward at that time.
- Council heard an update on Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation & Liability Act (CERCLA), Administrative Order on Consent (AOC) by Laurel Sayer.
- Community representatives provided updates on their communities.