The Stibnite Advisory Council gives communities a seat at the table with Midas Gold and the opportunity to help shape the Stibnite Gold Project. The council meets monthly to discuss the impacts, concerns and opportunities surrounding the project. The Stibnite Advisory Council is comprised of appointed representatives from eight communities near the project site and Midas Gold. Here is a summary of what was discussed during the May 9, 2019 Stibnite Advisory Council meeting:
Lynn Imel – Yellow Pine
Ronda Rogers – Yellow Pine Alternate
Gene Tyler – Donnelly
Julie Good – New Meadows
Glenna Young – Cascade
Bob Crump – Riggins
Anne Labelle – Midas Gold Corp.
Laurel Sayer – Midas Gold Idaho
Joe Iveson – Adams County
Denis Duman – Idaho County
Distributed on May 9, 2019 to Advisory Council
- Stibnite Advisory Council will schedule regional public open house/informational events each year.
- Stibnite Advisory Council will develop a resource document providing answers to questions from the communities.
- At the request of the Stibnite Advisory Council, Midas Gold presented the fish tunnel design.The Council requested that the June presentation be on the Tailings Storage Facility.
- The following working groups provided updates:
- Supporting Industry
- Community representatives provided updates.
- Stibnite Advisory Council tour of Stibnite project site has been rescheduled to September 12th. Meeting will be held from 1:30 – 2:30 @ The Corner restaurant in Yellow Pine (instead of the regularly scheduled meeting in Donnelly).
- The Stibnite Advisory Council is creating a website as a community resource.