The Stibnite Advisory Council gives communities a seat at the table with Midas Gold and the opportunity to help shape the Stibnite Gold Project. The council meets monthly to discuss the impacts, concerns and opportunities surrounding the project. The Stibnite Advisory Council is comprised of appointed representatives from eight communities near the project site and Midas Gold. Here is a summary of what was discussed during the June 13, 2019 Stibnite Advisory Council meeting:
Lynn Imel – Yellow Pine
Ronda Rogers – Yellow Pine Alternate Gene Tyler – Donnelly
Julie Good – New Meadows
Glenna Young – Cascade
Bob Crump – Riggins
Anne Labelle – Midas Gold Corp. Laurel Sayer – Midas Gold Idaho
Denis Duman – Idaho County Joe Iveson – Adams County
Distributed on June 14, 2019 to Advisory Council
- Ideas were reviewed regarding an information booth at community events to bring awareness about the purpose of the Stibnite Advisory Council.
- Council members presented questions from their communities regarding the Stibnite Gold project.
- At the request of the Stibnite Advisory Council, Midas Gold presented on the Tailing Storage Facility. The Council requested that the June presentation be on Permitting –Alternatives and Improvements.
- The following working groups provided updates: Workforce, Environmental, Supporting Industry and Transportation
- Community representatives provided updates on their communities.
- The Stibnite Advisory Council reviewed website options.